Monday, February 6, 2012

Healthy Waffle Breakfast Sandwich

As any Mama of a Toddler would agree, planning meals can be a real challenge-especially when trying to satisfy the picky taste of one's children while at the same time making healthy choices-not to mention trying to do this while saving both money and time. Having 3-year old Twins has made me more health-conscious than ever before, and I am always in search of creative ways to introduce new foods into the mouths of my children. Today it was MISSION COMPLETE, as Noah and Dovie were quick to devour their breakfast and say to me in their tiny sweet voices, "YUMMY MOMMY, YUMMY!" **Please Note-my children are on a Dr. Ordered higher-fat diet. You will therefore see in my recipes butter, cheese, milk, and added natural fats. You may subsitute/omit to your discretion.

Here is the quick and easy recipe as I prepared it (this recipe is enough for 2 Toddlers to share, or for 1 older child or adult)

Waffle Sandwich:

Toast 2 Central Market Organic Whole Wheat Flax Waffles.
Spread natural peanut butter on 1 waffle, then drizzle with honey and add raisins.
Top with other waffle, then cut in half. (You may also serve whole or cut into quarters)

Egg Whites

I have started using Grapeseed Oil as a cooking additive and to lightly coat my pans. The high smoke point and delicate flavor is a plus, as its real value is the antioxidant Vitamin E. It tastes great, and I prefer it's flavor over my usual go-to olive oil.

So, I start by lightly coating my pan with Grapeseed Oil
Cook 4 Egg Whites in pan, add sea salt to taste. I added yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in smaller pieces, and a small amount of mild cheddar cheese.

Warm Brown Sugar Pineapple

Fresh Pineapple cut into bitesized pieces and topped with brown sugar and warmed in microwave or pan.

Try this recipe out and I'm sure it will become one of your Family's new favorites! GO MOMS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment